Bugaboo started 20 years ago with a different view on personal mobility which propelled an amazing journey into the unknown. A journey that has not been about avoiding uncertainties but about exploring possibilities. Ever since, it’s been in the company’s nature to explore unknown territories and ideas and to create mobility concepts no one has ever thought of.
The company was founded by designer Max Barenbrug and physician Eduard Zanen - both still the owners of the company. Headquartered in Amsterdam, with local activities worldwide, the organization has grown rapidly and they currently employ over 1,000 staff in different countries including their own factory in Xiamen, China. Our products are sold in more than 50 countries and we have recently opened retail stores in Amsterdam and Berlin. Today we are among the leading players in the industry, integrating design, engineering, aesthetics and quality in break-through products and concepts. The portfolio consists of different types of strollers to suit people’s lifestyles and accompanying accessories.
Bugaboo is a design company at heart and we view ourselves as mobility concept creators with an inherent and strong drive to innovate. Although Bugaboo is well known for our innovative and distinctive design of strollers and accessories, in the coming years we will broaden our horizon into new areas which will take us beyond strollers.
Bugaboo has a strong entrepreneurial and innovative culture which should be safeguarded as innovation is one of their key business drivers. The ambition is high and to achieve this ambition Bugaboo’s people and culture are key.
about the gig
As a service coordinator you will be responsible for fostering and maintaining positive relations with our retailers and consumers via email, phone and live chat.
You will handle product inquiries, sales requests, warranty claims and provide general assistance. You will also collaborate closely with our sales and marketing teams, product managers and service engineers to provide best in class service.
role and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for all incoming and outgoing email, fax, post and telecommunications for all warranty related concerns and other relevant questions.
- Provide correct solutions to customers (know how to troubleshoot) and identify replacement components.
- Register and report relevant information (customer data, product issue,…)
- Register and report customer complaints in order to capture detailed service data; to be used for analyses and the provision of input to R&D about potential for product/quality enhancements
- Enter and process (service) orders ranging from free-of-charge in-warranty service orders to paid replacement parts and accessories; perform basic math calculations, and perform light shipping duties
- Provides clerical or administrative support such as filing and documentation of post sales service records
- Contributing to the development & implementation of the service policy
- Saving costs by implementing and fine-tuning service procedures
- Register guarantee coverage and identify replacement components in order to provide services to customers.
- Maintain customer relations
- Communicate with other relevant departments such as logistics, sales, marketing, product, R&D
Education: Intermediate vocational education (College level)
Business understanding: Experience in customer oriented environment
You are inquisitive. Nothing makes you grind your teeth more than hearing the phrase “because we’ve always done it that way.” Instead of accepting that things “are the way they are,” you ask questions; you challenge the process; you look to other disciplines; in short, you are constantly striving to understand and make things better.
You are adaptable. When you hear the word “problem,” you think “opportunity.” You understand that change is not optional, but inevitable…and in understanding that, you prefer to be the one driving the (positive) change.
You are dedicated. When you commit to something, you’re in it to win it. You view obstacles as challenges…and you’re always up for a challenge.
You understand the power of numbers. It’s possible you’ve been described as a geek, or a savant. Either way, your quantitative, Excel, and analysis skills are off the charts. And the most amazing part about it is that your “geek like” qualities haven’t impacted your strong interpersonal and communication skills. Truly, you have it all.
You’re a juggler. You easily manage multiple priorities, making it look easy.
You are true to yourself. You have a deep sense of self-awareness, and don’t play games with people. You are confident, yet humble. You are who you are….and you feel pretty good about that.
You’re an “A-Player”. You have a demonstrated track record of success. People who you’ve worked for are glad they hired you…and sorry to see you go. People that work with you are energized, happy, and successful.
If this job sounds like it is one that will make you shine, please send us your resume and tell us why you would be the best addition to our team.