Bugaboo started 20 years ago with a different view on personal mobility which propelled an amazing journey into the unknown. A journey that has not been about avoiding uncertainties but about exploring possibilities. Ever since, it’s been in the company’s nature to explore unknown territories and ideas and to create mobility concepts no one has ever thought of.
The company was founded by designer Max Barenbrug and physician Eduard Zanen - both still the owners of the company. Headquartered in Amsterdam, with local activities worldwide, the organization has grown rapidly and they currently employ over 1,000 staff in different countries including their own factory in Xiamen, China. Our products are sold in more than 50 countries and we have recently opened retail stores in Amsterdam and Berlin. Today we are among the leading players in the industry, integrating design, engineering, aesthetics and quality in break-through products and concepts. The portfolio consists of different types of strollers to suit people’s lifestyles and accompanying accessories.
Bugaboo is a design company at heart and we view ourselves as mobility concept creators with an inherent and strong drive to innovate. Although Bugaboo is well known for our innovative and distinctive design of strollers and accessories, in the coming years we will broaden our horizon into new areas which will take us beyond strollers.
Bugaboo has a strong entrepreneurial and innovative culture which should be safeguarded as innovation is one of their key business drivers. The ambition is high and to achieve this ambition Bugaboo’s people and culture are key.
About the Gig
As social media specialist, you’ll develop and execute social media strategies across platforms (new and existing) to further build on Bugaboo’s position as a leader in the stroller /mobility market in the North America. You’ll accomplish this through day-to-day social community management and creating and implementing campaigns that support corporate global strategies and new product launches. While you’ll report to the marketing director, your job will connect closely with corporate (Amsterdam) brand marketing departments. Most importantly, you will be a pivotal part of a dynamic team that is going to grow this amazing brand in North America.
Role and responsibilities will include:
1. Drive holistic social media strategies in support of aggressive growth goals
2. Write social content supporting key initiatives and product launches and manage overall editorial calendar
3. Collaborate with global headquarters and other departments (customer service, sales, ecomm, etc.) to localize social strategy in North America and ensure alignment with business goals and overarching marketing/communications strategies
4. Establish ownable brand tone of voice across North America social channel/s
5. Launch and manage potential new social media platforms
6. Continuously evaluate new opportunities and identify white space for the brand (stroller and luggage) through competitive research and trendspotting
7. Develop and implement greater engagement strategies i.e. Facebook Live, Social Page takeovers with key influencers, Facebook chats, giveaways, partnership programs and brand content series
8. Manage paid social support and develop long-term paid strategy
9. Measure and analyze analytics
a. Develop monthly reporting to capture and analyze high-level analytics and qualitative/quantitative
findings on all social media platforms
b. Utilize insights to shift strategy as needed and test & learn with new ad and monitoring tools
c. Develop insights and best practices to continually improve Bugaboo’s impact in the social sphere
10. Assist the larger marketing team with eblasts, CRM, Brand digital media buys and supporting retailer social media efforts
11. Community management
a. Daily moderation of Bugaboo’s North American social channel/s
b. Engage Bugaboo communities through social listening and conversation
c. Act as a liaison between customers and service team to resolve questions, issues and concerns
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, or a related field
· 5+ years of communications/PR/social media experience with an agency or in-house at a consumer products brand
· Proven working experience in social media with expert knowledge of social platforms including Facebook,
Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Snapchat
· Strong writing and communication skills
· Excellent organizational, analytical and project management skills
· Creative with an eye for detail
· Experience ideating and executing social content (i.e. teaser videos, Instagram stories, content series, etc.)
· Understanding of/experience with paid social media support
· Keeps a finger on the pulse of pop culture trends and industry news to develop topical and relevant content
· Passion for branded luxury products
·Experience working in cross-disciplinary project teams
· Proactive self-starter, with an ability to execute programs from ideation to completion
· Proficiency with MS office applications (Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.), Photoshop and the internet
· Working knowledge of and experience with social analytics tools
· Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, CRO and SEO
· Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
· Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational abilities
· Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong business sense
· Experience in international environment is a plus
· Fluency in English
You are inquisitive. Nothing makes you grind your teeth more than hearing the phrase “because we’ve always done it that way.” Instead of accepting that things “are the way they are,” you ask questions; you challenge the process; you look to other disciplines; in short, you are constantly striving to understand and make things better.
You are adaptable. When you hear the word “problem,” you think “opportunity.” You understand that change is not optional, but inevitable…and in understanding that, you prefer to be the one driving the (positive) change.
You are dedicated. When you commit to something, you’re in it to win it. You view obstacles as challenges…and you’re always up for a challenge.
You understand the power of numbers. It’s possible you’ve been described as a geek, or a savant. Either way, your quantitative, Excel, and analysis skills are off the charts. And the most amazing part about it is that your “geek like” qualities haven’t impacted your strong interpersonal and communication skills. Truly, you have it all.
You’re a juggler. You easily manage multiple priorities, making it look easy.
You are true to yourself. You have a deep sense of self-awareness, and don’t play games with people. You are confident, yet humble. You are who you are….and you feel pretty good about that.
You’re an “A-Player”. You have a demonstrated track record of success. People who you’ve worked for are glad they hired you…and sorry to see you go. People that work with you are energized, happy, and successful.
If this job sounds like it is one that will make you shine, please send us your resume and tell us why you would be the best addition to our team.